Lawyer and Partner
After completing his law degree at the University of Barcelona, Eduard Baviera Beá practiced as a lawyer for several years in Barcelona, primarily acting in divorce, commercial and tax matters.
While studying for his MBA at ESADE Business School (Escuela Superior de Administración y Dirección de Empresas) his career took a significant change of direction and the subsequent years were focused in private banking and wealth management.
Eduard has held various positions within banks and securities companies both nationally and internationally; from portfolio and investment fund manager to being responsible for international private banking in Andorra, Switzerland, the Bahamas and Panama.
This chapter in his career has provided him with a deep understanding of banking and of financial and property investments in different markets, as well as a thorough knowledge of taxation and international agreements covering the transfer of information between Spain and other countries.
In 2006 he established his own wealth management, business consultancy and client negotiations company. In recent years he has collaborated with several law firms on divorce matters concerning economic planning and asset management during separations and divorces.
Finally in 2009, Eduard established his current office with his friend of more than 20 years, Pere Azuara Danís, thereby creating Azuara & Baviera Lawyers and specialising exclusively in divorce and family law.
In his spare time, besides practicing various sports, his hobby is discovering new bands, particularly progressive rock, and independent music trends. Eduard is divorced and has two children; Paula and Eduard.
- Partner and co-founder, Azuara & Baviera Lawyers. 2009 – present
- Partner, The NAV Group Inc. Miami-New Jersey (USA). 2007 – present
- Partner, Sigma/Baviera Patrimonios e Inversiones, S.L. Barcelona (Spain). 2006 – present
- Riva y García Sociedad de Valores, Barcelona. 2004 – 2006
- Andbanc, Andorra. 2000 – 2004
- Quamp, Geneva (Switzerland). 2001 – 2004
- BankPyme, Barcelona. 1998 – 2000
- Banif Banca Privada, Barcelona. 1996 – 1998
- Oriol-Azuara Abogados, Barcelona. 1990 – 1996
- MBA – ESADE Business School, Barcelona. Specialisation in finance
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Barcelona, Barcelona
- Master’s degree in Family Law – Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona (Barcelona Bar Council)
- Spanish, Catalan and English
- Licensed lawyer since 1990
- Member of Divorce and Family Law section, Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona (Barcelona Bar Council)
- Member of the Commission for the Equal Rights of the New Family section, Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona (Barcelona Bar Council)
- Lecturer at the Instituto de Economía Aplicada (Applied Economics Institute) and associate lecturer at GEIS